WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- When you visit our online store, we automatically collect certain information for the analytics purposes about your device, including information about:
- your web browser
- IP address
- time zone
- Some of the cookies that are installed on your device
Additionally, as you browse the The-basics online store, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the The-basics, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Furthermore, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase, through the The-basics.com, we collect certain information from you, regarding shipping and billing purposes including:
- Full name
- Billing address
- Shipping address
- Payment information (including credit and/or debit card numbers, etc.)
- Contact information, that can be: email address and/or phone number.
We refer to this information as “Order Information”. Order information is received directly from the customer when filling the purchase of relevant data.
By making a purchase or willingly entering your email address, you will receive messages relating to marketing activities by the email. The marketing messages contain announcements about new offers, products or website’s policy changes. You also have a right to unsubscribe, from receiving these messages at any time. To unsubscribe from a newsletter, you can in two ways:
- By clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of the email
- By contacting our Customer Service
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The Order information is collected with the purpose to fulfil any orders placed through The-basics.com. This includes processing your payment information, arranging the shipment, providing you with the order invoices and/or order confirmations. Moreover, Order information is used to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
The Device information is collected to help us screen for potential risk or fraud (your IP address in particular), and in order to boost and keep optimizing our websites performance. This includes using analytics to collect relevant data about how the customers browse and interact with the The-basics.com and to access the success of our marketing activities and advertising campaigns.
Device information may also be used to improve our products and services. Marketing information is collected with the purpose of our marketing activities and advertising campaigns. This includes sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we consider would be relevant to you. Marketing information is also used to create accurate advertisements for you.
It is our responsibility and mandatory rule, that your personal data will never be sold to any third party. However, we may share your Personal Information with third parties, that are experts in their fields and help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We share your personal information with the companies conducting our business or servicing you, in the following cases:
- We use WordPress og Woocommerce to power the-basics.com online store. You can read more, about how WordPress og Woocommerce uses your Personal information here: https://da.wordpress.org/about/privacy/ and https://woocommerce.com/gdpr/#
- We use Google Analytics with the purpose to understand how our customers use the website and optimize the website’s performance in general. You can read more, about how Google Analytics uses your Personal information here: here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- We also use other professional services companies to improve and optimize the Website or to help us to store your data. There, service companies may include: website hosts, advertising and/or marketing agencies, search engine providers, website’s tools providers.
- We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. Finally, please note that your information may be transferred outside Europe, in a case, if a third-party provider is located outside the European Economic Area.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information, that we have about you, to verify its accuracy and, if necessary, to correct it by updating or deleting it. If you would like to use this right, please contact us through the contact information at the end of this page.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (e.g. when you are placing an order through The-basics.com), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Finally, please note, that if you would like to access the personal information that we have about you, you will be asked to provide your identification. To protect your existing information and to reduce the risk of identity fraud, theft or unauthorized access to your information, we may require all reasonable measures to verify your identity, before giving access to it. To verify your identity, you will be asked to provide a passport, ID card, birth certificate and/or driving license.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS KEPT?
Your personal information collected in The-basics.com is held for as long as you have the account and for as long as there is a necessity to comply with your legal/regulatory obligations, resolve disputes or prevent fraud.
When there is no need to retain your personal data, it will be deleted or be anonymised, that you would no longer be identified from it.
SECURITY OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The-basics is committed to protecting your personal information in all reasonable security measures. We are using appropriate and reliable technical and organizational measures, in order to keep your information confidential, prevent any unauthorized access and to safeguard and secure your data, that we have collected online.
To access the information, that you have provided for us, you can by singing in into your account. There, you can check, if the information is correct and/or edit it. To access this information, you are required to enter the specific information, that you set by yourself – the email address and password. Therefore, we would kindly advise you, to set a unique password and keep it secret by not sharing it with any person. In this way, you protect your information, from unauthorized party access to it. If you suspect, that someone is accessing your account, please, immediately contact and inform us, that we could quickly break the connection between whoever has access to your information and your account.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB PAGES